School Closing Information
WHEN A STORM DEVELOPS AND IT SEEMS LIKELY SCHOOLS MAY CLOSE, DELAY, OR DISMISS EARLY, WATCH TELEVISION FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. ALSO CHECK THE WEBSITE WWW.WVWSD.ORG. FOR ANY UPDATES.
Please DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL OR THE CENTRAL OFFICE
1. Wyoming Valley West will utilize the following menu of school delay options in the event of inclement weather conditions:
A. ONE HOUR DELAY: School starting time and bus pick-ups will be delayed exactly one hour. Both breakfast and lunch are served.
B. TWO HOUR DELAY: School starting time and bus pick-ups will be delayed exactly two hours. Both breakfast and lunch are served.
C. Snow emergency routes may be utilized during extended periods of inclement weather and options would be announced by local televisionstations along with other delay and cancellation information.
2. In the event of EARLY DISMISSAL, announcements will be made on TV, WEBSITE and PHONE SYSTEM indicating early dismissal times.
WATCH TELEVISION: WNEP 16, WYOU 22, WBRE 28.
3. Parents should make arrangements with neighbors and their children indicating where their children are to go when there is an early dismissal and parents are not home.
4. Within the guidelines of state law, if parents feel an unusual safety situation exists, they may submit complete information to school officials for consideration.
WVW Opens Student Run Branch of WVW Community Federal Credit Union
2012 Yearbooks on sale $80.00
Early Bird Specials:
$65.00 through October
$70.00 through November
$75.00 through December
Buy online at http://www.jostensyearbook.com or purchase in school from any yearbook staff member. Checks must be made out to WVW Activity Fund.
A $10.00 per month payment plan is also available. See Mrs. Podolak at the high school or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Important Information for State Street Parents who drop off or pick-up students at the school
New guidelines for dropping off and picking up students
Updated 2011-2012 Pennsylvania Immunization Requirements
At the request of FEMA, PEMA, and the state we are listing information about flood assistance on our site.
The FEMA Flood hotline number is 1-800-621-3362.
Disaster Recovery Centers are operating in the following locations:
Tunkhannock Area Administration
41 Philadelphia Avenue
Tunkhannock, PA 18657
Towanda Fire Department
101 Elm Street
Towanda, PA 18848
Luzerne County Community College
1334 South Prospect Street
Nanticoke, PA 18634
Harrisburg East Mall
3501 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111
740 Fairfield Road
Montoursville, PA 17754
Columbia County Agricultural Center
702 Sawmill Road
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Loyalsock State Forest District Office
6735 Route 220
Laporte, PA 18626
Registration for 2011-2012 (K-12)
Please call the Wyoming Valley West District Office to schedule an appointment to register your child for the 2011-2012 school year.
Items that must be brought to your appointment include the following.
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency (Utility bill preferred)
Please make an appointment by calling the District Office at 288-6551 (ext. 0)